Elements of Formation
During this year you will be formed by your personal and communal prayer and study, by discovering the balance of spiritual and human disciplines handed down by the wisdom of the Church, by teaching, training, and equipping offered by great instructors, by relationships with other students, and by ministry.
Formation in Spiritual Life:
- Rooted in the Word of God and the teaching of the Catholic Church
- Evoking spiritual response to the surrounding culture
- Personal development based on the greatest teachers of Catholic spirituality
- Growth in personal and communal prayer life: daily Lectio Divina and spiritual reading, participation in Sacraments, Liturgy of the Hours, Adoration, communal charismatic and traditional forms of prayer.
- Development of spiritual discernment
- Practicum in developing natural and supernatural charisms in the service for the Church
- Lectio Divina: Hosea, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Psalms, Gospel of Mark, Acts of the Apostles and excerpts from Pauline's Letters, John's Letters.
Formation in Liturgy:
- Simple chant
- Liturgy of the Hours
- The Paschal Mystery
Formation in Pastoral Theology:
- Identity and formation of laity
- Faith and Reason
- Evangelization: biblical, pastoral, practical.
- Forming of communities of faith
- Mercy and the Catholic social teaching
Formation in Intellectual and moral Life:
- Daily Bible reading and studying
- Catechism study of sections regarding revelation and faith, Christology, prayer, sin/grace/redemption, Christian life, Trinity, Holy Spirit, charisms, sacraments, ecclesiology, eschatology
- Theology of the Body
- Basics of anthropology, metaphysics and personhood
- Creativity and arts
- Freedom and society
- Church, parish, community of faith, family.
- Early Christian initiation, catechumenate in history of the Church and now
Quarter 1: 41h
Fri, 09/08: Adoration and Banquet (3h)
Sons and daughters of the Father, disciples of Jesus, dwellers in the Holy Spirit.
Sat, 09/16: Heartbeat (7h)
Knowledge of God and prayer.
Lectio Divina. Singing LD.
Tue, 09/19: Gathering (3h)
The experience of God. Trinitarian life.
Tue, 09/26: Heartbeat (3h)
Human heart. Metanoia. Intimacy. Personal revival.
Tue, 10/3: Gathering (3h)
Man after God's heart. Worshipper: Lifestyle.
Fri, 10/6: Adoration (3h)
Human Heart. From understanding to knowing.
Sat, 10/7: Heartbeat (7h)
Ministry of healing & deliverance. Mystery of suffering.
Emotional health in Jesus.
Tue, 10/10: Heartbeat (3h)
Supernatural ministry in the world today: manual.
Tue, 10/17: Gathering (3h)
Renewing of mind. Identity in Christ: Kings, Prophets, Priests.
Tue, 10/24: Heartbeat (3h)
Walking in freedom.
Fri, 11/3:Adoration (3h)
One thing: Mary/Martha dynamic.
Quarter 2: 67h
Tue, 11/7: Heartbeat (3h)
Healing and Deliverance. Practicum.
Fri-Sun, 11/10-12: Heartbeat Retreat (36h)
Hearing God's Voice. God's call on your life. Discernment 101. LOTH practicum.
Tue, 11/14: Gathering (3h)
Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
Tue, 11/28: Heartbeat (3h)
Holy Spirit as The Gift.
Tue, 12/5: Heartbeat (3h)
Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Fri, 12/8: Adoration (3h)
Tue, 12/12: Gathering (3h)
Sat, 12/16: Heartbeat (7h)
Praise and Worship, Beauty.
LOTH and simple chant workshop.
Tue, 12/19: Heartbeat (3h)
Charisms of the Holy Spirit.
Tue, 1/9: Heartbeat (3h)
Quarter 3: 71h
Sat, 01/13: Heartbeat (7h)
Evangelization in the current culture: new or old?
Tue, 01/16: Gathering (3H)
Tue, 01/23: Heartbeat (3h)
Discernment in Evangelization.
Fri, 01/26: Adoration (3h)
One faith. #makeusone
Tue, 01/30: Gathering (3H)
Bringing people to Jesus or
Bringing Jesus to People?
Tue, 02/6: Heartbeat (3h)
Intercessory Prayer practice
Tue, 02/13: Gathering (3h)
Sat, 02/17: Heartbeat (7h)
Tue, 02/20: Heartbeat (3h)
Sub-Track Groups, Alpha feedback
Tue, 02/23: Adoration (3h)
Tue, 02/27: Gathering (3h)
Up, In and Out. Creating the culture of discipleship.
Tue, 03/06: Heartbeat (3h)
Fri/Sat, 03/9-10: 24h for the Lord (24h)
Tue, 03/13: Gathering (3h)
Evangelization: personal and family.
Compassion and evangelization of mercy.
Kerygmatic preaching. Book of Acts lifestyle.
Transforming the culture through beauty, truth and goodness in supernatural encounters.
Revival. Intercessory prayer walks. Kids and youth evangelization.
Quarter 4: 68h
Tue, 03/20: Heartbeat (3h)
Sat, 03/24: Heartbeat (7h)
Tue, 03/27: Gathering (3h)
Tue, 04/03: Heartbeat (3h)
Fri, 04/06: Adoration and Via Lucis (3h)
Tue, 04/10: Gathering (3h)
Tue, 04/17: Heartbeat (3h)
Sat, 04/21: Heartbeat (7h)
Tue, 04/24: Gathering (3h)
Tue, 05/01: Heartbeat (3h)
Tue, 05/8: Gathering (3h)
Sat, 05/12: Heartbeat (7h)
Tue, 05/15: heartbeat (3h)
sat/sun, 05/19-20 (10h): Pentecost vigil
Tue, 05/22: gathering (3h)
Fri, 06/1: commissioning (4h)
Relationships: family, marriage, friendship.
Biblical principles and current times.
Leadership that makes sense. Team building.
Spiritual ecumenism, unity of heart. Messianic hope.